Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Photo Poetiks #2

I really love the story that a picture can tell. Much like a poem, it is open for interpretation. What one mind takes from a grouping of lines, might be different from the next, and sometimes even different from the author. The same can be said about a photograph.

(Definitely have to get that digital camera soon!!! Enjoy!!)










yesterday, I tap danced on the Sun
wrapped my legs in the fire,
and let myself be consumed
sparks leaping, higher and higher and higher
until a mighty engulfing ensued
and you might assume that I would be doomed
but the heat was so sweet from the
flares she released
energy so hot that I started to perspire
one kiss, and I exploded, coming undone
felt like dancing
on the Sun









electric lady land, where the shy guy stands
plectrum for a soul, and the wind cries Mary
voodoo child that don't get discouraged
cause if 6 was 9, he'd fly on little wings
singing hey Joe, can you make me whole,
I've got too many pieces that I needed to bury
all along the watchtower, instead of chasing
wild things
castles made of sand, in my mind












kneeling before Him
trying to find the answers
something's got to give












this is where my mind goes
trekking, quietly
to piece together flows
cold like the Arctic
I just want my words to echo
to create an avalanche
in the listeners' minds








Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

3 comments:

  1. I am diggin on & into your work...I will definitely be keeping my eye on you...beautiful. RESPECT & LOVE

    ~Melanie YeYo Carter~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words fit perfectly. Lovin the feel and look of the first "sun" pic/poem combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for your comments....

    @Melanie :) I appreciate that, and say welcome to the party...lol

    @Fluff...isn't that picture just gorgeous...glad you felt my words fit with it well...I appreciate your read, as always :)

    ReplyDelete