Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rare Spotlight: Amanda Stockham

Welcome to the Rare Spotlight, a place to shine light on those rare gems that illuminate the world, unnoticed.  They are poets.  They are artists. They are singers.  They are musicians. They are visionaries molding beauty against the backdrops of their passions.  They are beautiful, and we should pay attention.  Welcome to the Rare Spotlight.

Listen to her speak, and you're immediately taken in by a voice that is as inviting as her pen.  Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce Amanda Stockham.  From listening to countless shows on Blog Talk Radio, I discovered in Ms. Stockham a creative mind and spirit that shines many times over.  Born in Michigan, Amanda continues to elevate the masses, whether through her blog, her weekly radio program, or her poetry that channels emotions and creates many positive experiences.  She is also co-owner of Freedom Ink, an innovative publishing company.  The spotlight shines brightly on Amanda Stockham.
























Questions:
1) Name/ Stage Name
My name is Amanda Stockham. My stage name is “Paradyme” and I have been using that since ’04.

2) Current City/Hometown
I currently live in Benton Harbor, MI. I grew up in Michigan, and lived in Atlanta for a few years.

3) Right now, you are (literally).....
LOL. Filling out this questionnaire that I am so honored to have been asked to write. Also, laughing at my twin sons watching G.I. Joe.

4) When did you fall in love with poetry?
When I was about 12. I started reading Maya Angelou and also Edgar Allen Poe (The Raven). I have always loved to read. I never believed then there would be a day that someone would call me a Poet though. Still blows my mind. To me it’s a journey and I am not there yet.

5) Describe yourself in one paragraph
I am a big bag of contradictions. However, the things that stay constant are that I am great person. I am loving, loyal and honest.

6) Five years ago, you were.....
I was working as a CNA and never thought in a million years that this would be the direction my life has taken. I love it.

7) Five years from now, you want to be.....
Exploring my creativity and still moving forward.

8) Your entire day is ruined unless you can.....
Listen to music. No matter the genre, I love my music.

9) If you were a color, which would you be, and why? (Lol..I had to throw in one of these type questions)
Just as my favorite color changes, so would my answer to that question. I am so orange today. That will change in five minutes though.

10) One moment in your life, when you were the proudest
When I finished my first book of Poetry. It was something that I never thought that I would do, yet at the same time always wanted to.

11) One moment in your life, which you regret most
I don’t use that word. I refuse to spend a single moment regretting anything. I make a choice and I move on. The only thing that I could possibly regret is not believing in myself sooner in life. However, that gave me the point of view to be able to relate to people who are still struggling to find out who they are.

12) Write whatever you feel
I feel hungry. I still haven’t eaten breakfast. I want some sausage but I don’t eat pork. I wish turkey sausage wasn’t so bland. I recently tried Almond milk it’s the bomb. Random I know, but you asked.

13) Links/websites/places where the readers can check out your work
Of Course….
http://freedomsinkpresentsthespot.blogspot.com/
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/paradyme
http://www.reverbnation.com/paradymepoetess
http://www.twitter.com/paradymepoetess
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSpotwithParadyme
http://www.myspace.com/551409

My thanks to Ms. Stockham for completing this.

Check her out on facebook here:  Amanda Paradyme Stockham

And I'm hoping that you enjoy this video, available for viewing on her YouTube page.  She is clearly an amazing artist whose words and performances captivate an audience.  Enjoy.

the Rare Poet

10 comments:

  1. I am so honored. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poetry is always in the stories we never write, the untold back stage of our lives that sets up what is revealed to the audiences...Amanda, you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love it!! Congrats to you Paradyme you deserve it! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my Dyme!!!!!!!! Love the interview! Such awesomeness in one person! So...what's your favorite color now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...LADY YOU ROCK...okay....I love this and congrats to you...definitely sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Interview!!! You are such a superwoman and I want to be like you when I grow up! LOL Love your energy and everything you're doing! Keep up the great work!
    Mahogany Dust

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda you are a fake....Why would you drag your daughter down here with a man you really know nothing about we have been living together for 3 years.....DUMB DUMB..I We still live together, I am in OUR living room right now. I been knowing about you since before you sent that raggedy wallet thinking he did something with that $299 dollar ring he picked up at the pawn shop across from OUR house (I have the receipt)to make sure he had somewhere to stay....Go ahead and drag your daughter here to devastate he mental cause you chasing after niggas and willing to move at the drop pf a hat with your seed in tow...get it together BROKE BITCH dragging your daughter along in your unthought out bull shit.....Don't have a sorry life lesson that your daughter can talk on...Be smarter that the average HOE.......DUMMY and we are both sitting right here waiting for you to call back so he can tell you ASS STAY PUT!!!!!!
    You only worth $299 on the sale Shelf BITCH at the PAWN shop...Get LOST

    ReplyDelete
  9. DESPERATE HOE I HOPE YOU HAVE A BACK UP PLAN...YOU NOT COMING TO H-TOWN!! DRAGGING YOUR KID ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! BEEN KNOWING ABOUT YOUR ASS! YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL SHIT GOT USED JUST LIKE THE BITCH DORENDA DID LAST YEAR FOR HIM TO GO AND STAY....YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND STOP BEGGING FOR MONEY ON WESTERN UNION.....I THOUGH YOU WERE A BUSINESS OWNER ANS SHIT...YOU ARE A FRONT OF BULLSHIT...FIND YOUR OWN FOUNDATION TO BUILD ON AND STOP LATCHING ON DESPERATELY ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP YOU MEET YOUR NECESSITIES....KNOWING IT DON't MAKE Sense FOLLOW the ADVISE you SPEW in your FAKE ASS FRONT OF MUSIC RUINING THE LIFE OF YOUR KIDS RUNNING PILLAR TO POST......

    ReplyDelete