Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Am a Phoenix

About two weeks ago, I once again started to pursue the opportunity to go back to school.  As I've stated before, it's been over 10 years since I attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and that attempt didn't go so well.  Of course, much has changed.  I've done some pretty amazing things, and survived some others that helped me put life into perspective.  There is no longer that fear, which coursed through my 18 year old veins, feeling pressure to succeed and the need for acceptance.

Now it's just me.  Confident.  Calm.  Ready.

















The University of Phoenix has actually been around a lot longer than I realized.  The accreditation is highly respected, and it has the largest enrollment of any school in North America.  The appeal of online courses made this an easy choice for me.  Plus, they recently began offering an English degree, which is definitely the beginning block for what I'd like to accomplish.  Now if I could only get them to let me take 3 classes at one time...lol.

Today, a journey that I started, a decade ago, continues.  I am enthusiastic over what it will bring, unafraid of any outside forces, and dedicated to the cause of completing my journey this time.

My name is Marcus Jamison, and I am a phoenix!!!  (Lol...you know you've seen those commercials...I couldn't resist...lol)

Strive for success.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment