Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Theme Song of the Day, Dec. 28, 2010

Since I'm still up (and probably will be for a while), I'll share this now.

Was browsing the web, discovering some more interesting new things, and somehow that turned into moments of reflection.  I can't help but think about my place in the grand scheme of things.  From that, I arrived here.




Kanye West --- Street Lights


I will always celebrate 808s and Heartbreak for being Kanye's most creative album, or at least until he gives me reason not too.  My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy comes very close, but alas, I am still waiting. This song was one of the most appreciated on it's album, for me, because of it's easy-to-relate theme.  We've all reached that moment of realizing that, while we know where it is we want to go, we still feel like there's some work to do to get there.

And the visual I get from hearing this song is one of those scenes of hundreds of lights on the highway...kind of like this:





....just moving through life, passing the various moments.  That's where I'm at.

Eventually, I'll arrive.  Until then.....

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

2 comments: