Friday, March 4, 2011

My Journey Continues (Or Maybe, It Finally Begins)

Awakening

I have always been.

even when unaware,
I am a breathing lung,
an opening eye,
light raking slowly over
understanding’s horizon,
I have hung myself in darkness, for too long,
my lips remained idly parted for too long,
anticipating, eager but
madly uncertain
of how that which is
happens to begin

I have always been.

even in my stilted silence,
but now I cry out, defiant
moans replace whispers,
a commencement of screams
forms in my soul,
roaming this agitation,
I have stationed myself in idleness, for too long,
my feet have been fruitlessly anchored for too long,
impatient, willing but lacking direction
towards steps that are
already predestined
to be made

seeing,
listening,
understanding,

I have always been.




3 comments:

  1. I can't tell if I feel this too--or if I am the opposite. Lovely, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ainsley, welcome!! Thanks for reading. I too have had trouble in the past, deciding if I was at this point or still at the complete opposite. It is a constant battle.

    But I thank you for your compliment, and hope you'll return for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to add...I think the best thing to realizae, and what I wanted the poem to express is the awareness that situations do not make or break a person, especially when they believe that there is something special within

    ReplyDelete