Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rare Groove, Jan. 23, 2011



Nicki Minaj --- Save Me

A lot of people give Nicki Minaj a hard time.  Sometimes I'm one of them.  But I must say that Pink Friday surprised me.  And this track is one reason why.  It shows a must more dynamic side of the eccentric performer.  It's well written, and has this mellow hip-hop/techno/pop vibe.  Something you can actually listen to without shaking your head negatively.  It's song like this that make me thing there's more to Ms. Minaj than meets the eye.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

2 comments:

  1. I love Nicki and yes people do give her a hard time because they don't understand her or her music. Stretch beyond your comfort zone and be open to other things. Glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly agree. Sometimes, if we're always staying within our comfort zone, we miss out on some really great things.

    ReplyDelete