Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Muse Bought a Train Ticket Out of this Dump...I Wish She'd Come Back

(I'd like to begin with a shout out to Ms. Sass over at words with sass, for inspiring this one.)

I keep waking up to the same old things, scratching my head, and wondering what I'm doing wrong.  There's all of this greatness right there within my reach, but for the life of me, I can't get more than just a few fingertip scrapings.  I keep waiting for that spark or that flash, that'll get everything rolling again.  That moment where everything will only make sense, and then suddenly I'll be one of those people smiling, like in all of the great Coca-Cola ads.


If only it were that simple.

There seems to be something missing.  The fire, that burns within and makes me strive for daily greatest, could use a few extra coals.  My personal life is static electricity, currently experiencing a major outage.  My writing...ugh!!...don't get me started.  My 'muse' bought a train ticket out of this dump.  As of right now, it feels like a one way trip.

And yet, I still find it hard to panic.  The optimist in me still sees all of the potential.  I know that with a few alterations, a quick tuck here and a couple of snips there, then it'll be back to that fabulous life I've always envisioned myself leading.  But as my mother and sisters can tell you, I make a terrible seamster.

So I patiently wait for that 'it' to come back, the driving force that will carry my life from the dull to the unique.  Perhaps it is already with me.  Maybe I just need to focus on noticing.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment