Sunday, January 23, 2011

Looking for the Bright Side

(This post is being made from somebody else's computer.....)





I only mentioned where I am writing this, because it's relevant to the post.  About 3 hours ago, my computer crashed.  It wasn't one of those normal, power-flickers-off-and-then-jumps-back-on, subtle kind of crashes either.  It was a "holy shit, is it supposed to make that noise?  and why won't it come back on?" type crash.  I surprised myself with how calm I remained.  I decided I'd calmly check out the inside of the computer and make sure nothing was wrong.  Big mistake.  Immediately I noticed what was wrong.  Let's just say that video cards aren't supposed to go in like THAT!!!  So then I was worried that I'd managed to fry my sole soure of sanity and connection to the outside world.  (Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but only slightly)  The point is, after 2 hours of frustrated hunting with a flashlight, unplugging and replugging and unscrewing and rescrewing, I finally gave up.  But surprisingly, I still wasn't upset.  I released a gentle sigh, and thought about all of the good that has come from my computer.  I remembered all of the hours writing, watching movies, listening to great music, surfing the web, and just generally getting away.  After that, I couldn't feel bad.  Besides, now I have a reasonable excuse to get a new one!!

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment