Monday, November 22, 2010

Photo Poetiks #1

I'm discovering that I really have a passion for photography.  So much so that I plan to purchase a very nice camera as soon as possible.  But this post is basically a combination of two passions.  Poetry meet photography.

(All photos were taken from this insanely awesome blog by Ms. Duckie....check it out here:  Itz Duckies Pond)


Much love.

the Rare Poet




free fall, spiraling out of control
can't gain composure and next comes the
SPLAT, that
pat me down to see if I'm carrying weapons type invasion
of privacy, privately claiming me whole
but you render me utterly defenseless
I prepare myself for the hard landings
of you
and I'd rather cross corners to escape your
stares
but I fall down, and you're always
right there





The future started yesterday
written in the sound of the bullet's harsh clack
I watch from the windows of tenement houses
thinking how we never get to go back
to starting points, long ago forgotten
robbed from us blind, like runners head down
at the starting block, but my starting block comes complete
with disillusion, and death is a trophied prize too often
shared, cornered among men who never learn the difference
between getting up and getting out....
cages exist everywhere





They told her she couldn't play God
that most problems were simply too big for her reach, that each time
something was born, something died
From good, there is bad, and this is normal
she huffed
and she puffed
and huffed
and puffed
and blew normal the fuck down




I place my face to the cold concrete, and wonder
how many ways can impact shatter dreams?
we jumped at the thought of hits and misses
laughing while falling, and interesting things
singing
nobody ever tells you
                      that dreams are often wasted
nobody ever tells you
                it's a long
                           way
                              down...

No comments:

Post a Comment