Monday, November 22, 2010

Sitting Up Randomly Does Help

I was told earlier by a good friend that I was in a funk.  The fact that I was moping around, pouting, and contemplating going to sleep at 9:00 p.m., made me think they were absolutely right.  So what's the best way to get rid of a funk, you ask?  Sleep it away?  Well, I've been up all night, and it is now 6:10 a.m.  I've sat up most of the night, scanning other blogs, listening to music, playing chess on Facebook, watching spoken word clips on YouTube (Shouts out to Mayda del Valle!!), and other random things that I did as the mood struck me.  But mainly, I've thought about all of my worries.  I've also thought about what I'm fortunate to have.  We're approaching a time when people suddenly remember what they take for granted 364 other days (give or take).  And while sometimes the people in my life frustrate me, I do appreciate each of them.  They are passionate, caring, considerate, thoughtful, loving, supportive, critical, demanding, and honest with me, and that's exactly why I love them all.  While I still believe that it is up to me to do for myself now, I realize that nobody gets anywhere without a little bit of help.  Thanks in advance for mine.

the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment