Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's Been a Long Time

I haven't posted as frequently as usual.  I was on vacation in my hometown, Hamlet, NC.  It seems funny calling going to Hamlet a vacation.  Not just because of the irony in how little there is to the small town, but also because, for so long, Hamlet was the only place there was.  Sure, I've traveled outside of the town before.  Been to extravagant places like New York and the Bahamas.  But Hamlet was always what I came back to.  Even when I was living in Chapel Hill, NC or in Laurinburg, a part of me felt like it was only a matter of time.  But while going to visit my family and friends, I realized something.  These last two and a half months have gone by quickly but they feel like a very long time.  Hamlet didn't feel the same anymore.  Less home, more nuisance.  I guess that means DC is changing me.

I'm hoping it's for the  better.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment