Monday, February 7, 2011

For those Who Need Lovers to Love Forcefully

Sledgehammer

I’m used to having to chisel at this,
and even then it doesn’t quite break through,
my heart is a granite wall
covered in vines and veins, and
granted, I’ve noticed these tendrils reaching,
but usually, no matter what it seeks,
I’m used to getting in the way

which is why you must be forceful with me,
knock me down like trendsetters
level adversity,
when I’m flat on my back, pounce on me,
because with strength, I will flee,

I’m not sure what it is, that made me this way,
so leery of opening, a waterless flower,
finding myself most comfortable in deserts,
treating love like a submissive does power,
easy to relinquish, while its majesty turns me on,
romantic repeating decimal, close to
but never quite becoming
one of those who truly love

I’m used to having to chisel at this,
chip bits and pieces, hoping to break through,
my heart is a granite wall
pleading hard, for the sledgehammer in you


No comments:

Post a Comment