Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rare Groove, Mar. 03, 2011



White Stripes --- Seven Nation Army

This song has one of the most awesome guitar riffs in all of rock music.  Matched with the primal drumbeats and clever lyrics makes for some instant, iconic appeal.  Plus Jack's voice always brings a song home.

Love me some White Stripes, which is why their disbanding last month took me by surprise. Sucks that good music always tends to get interrupted.

(*An I feel stupid moment* :  Up until today, I never realized that they ARE NOT brother and sister...gasp!!!...lol...the things we find out.  I agree with Jack White, that when you think of the band as brother and sister, you focus more on the music.  Knowing that they used to be married at one point kind of makes you wonder if that's the only reason they started playing together.  Interesting.)

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment