Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The World's Pain

Today I've been getting better acquainted with the work of the artist Nneka, from my last post, and I am liking what I'm hearing a lot.  Growing up in poverty stricken Nigeria, she has a humility that is unparalleled, coupled with a soul that clings to love.  This version of today's rare groove really had an impact on me.




In a world where so many suffer, we need to be aware. We need to embrace love and support for all, not simply some, because those of us who are fortunate might have found ourselves in a different place. Like the singer says in the video, God is good at all times, and we should embrace this, and reflect this in our daily lives. Living life to the fullest, through love and good, will help make this world a better place.

I pray for the people who are forced to endure pain, suffering, and hardship, and hope to one day be in a position where I can help some of them overcome this. The world's pain can be alleviated, if we all try to do our part to help. God bless.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

1 comment: