Friday, February 18, 2011

Rare Groove, Feb. 18, 2011

Been working on some interesting and thought provoking writing for the last few hours (probably should be sleeping, but oh well....room for that later, right?). But I did pause for some music.



Kings of Leon --- Mi Amigo

I think I've probably used this song for far too many things....lol.  And yet, Caleb Followill's voice is so uniquely groove-inspiring that I can't help but throw most of their songs on repeat.

"I got a friend...shows me all the good times, tells me I look better....chews me up, and spits me out....and then walks my ass home....sings a song.....when I'm gone...gone...goooo ooo oone.."

To all you who can relate:  tequila chugging, falling down to your knees but getting back up to take another swig, still dancing to the rhythm of the song that played half an hour ago, nearly getting into a fight because you bumped a guy trying not to spill your latest shot, head laying against the cool spot of the porcelain toilet praying, waking up with a splitting headache, but still feeling like there's no better feeling in the world.

This friend's on me.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment