Thursday, February 24, 2011

Maybe It's Time I Give Amanda Diva a Chance



Don't get me wrong. I've always had an appreciation for her. She has a great voice and is a very capable lyricist. Plus I used to love her on "My Brother and Me" (For all you 80s babies who remember that show, on Nickelodeon, as teenagers...lol).

 But I guess I've always felt like she was doing too much. One week she's an actress. The next week she's a rapper. The week after that she's a journalist. The next week she's in Floetry. I mean damn!!  Can somebody tell her to slow down?  But I guess she embraces the idea of positively grindin' to get where you want to be.  And I could never dislike anyone for that.

This song, for example, brings out some of her best talents.  Listen to that voice.  Can you hear those lyrical skills.  Call Amanda Diva what you will, but untalented is certainly not an option.  I guess I'm just waiting for her to decide what she's really passionate about, commit to it, and therefore produce her most complete work.  But until then, I'll definitely keep my eyes open.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment