Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Because if I Wanted, I Could Sleep at Night, in Peace (Awesome Repost #13)

Even as I view this picture, it moves me. Taken from the awesome Tumblr blog (or Tumblog, for those of you big on proper terminology) of Joshua Bennett, self proclaimed Square Dancing with Giants.  I am hoping that most of you know what's going on in the world today.  If not, look up these places in 2011, and become aware.  Then pray that we are all liberated one day.





At night, I lie in my comfortable bed, head resting gently against my soft pillow, and try to sleep.  My mind is in Tripoli and Cairo, and in the streets of Yemen and Tunisia.  Where there is no rest.  Because for far too many souls, there is still no peace.  Let's strive to free this world from painful oppression and senseless suffering.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

2 comments:

  1. Love this posting. Hope its okay that I posted the pic for my blog...I linked it to your blog, giving you credit so people know where I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is more than okay, Daij. I'm very happy that you did. Perhaps more people will become aware. Thanks for checking me out and I eagerly invite more comments from you in the future.

    (Love your blog, by the way!!)

    ReplyDelete