Saturday, December 25, 2010

.....and Giving (The Poetry, That Is)

Going to add three more poems to my gift giving poetry spree:

1.  Rachel McKibbens is awesome embodied in one of the coolest packages ever, and is on my list of poets I must meet in person before I'm senile....lol....this poem is so emotionally charged, and her delivery is so great. (plus she has one of the most creative websites known to the internet...lol)




2. Brook Yung is hands down, one of my favorite poets.  Ever since I came across his poem "Changes", I have loved his style, loved his stage presence, and loved his words.  This poem right here, is so powerful, I will just let you watch it.  It continues to demonstrate why I'm such a fan.



3. Zora Howard echoes, as elegance and grace meets a revolutionary's pounding fist....she is Maya, Nikki, Gwen, all rolled into one.  Her voice is a hypnotic loud speaker and the audience eagerly anticipates being amplified.  This poem, in a time of global conflicts, speaks volumes.






I had to add these 3 amazing individuals to the mix...their poems reach out from the pages.

I'm realizing that there are so many, so many more amazing poets, worthy of a view.  I could easily give the gift of poetry 365 days a year.  Much love to the poets, everywhere.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment