Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quickie of the Day, Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010

(Not quite a quickie....)


As Close To Goodbye As It Gets
for Tressy

goodnight, sunlight angel
disassembled beneath the glow
of every star I ever promised you
so bright, and
so fulfilling,
I was a fool who couldn’t admit that they
dulled next to your shine

to say I love you is like
suggesting that
sharks have affinity for water
displaced from your environment
it reminds me
that I can’t breathe
but I de-sleeved you of your comfort
and wore your love for me as some badge
too often admired, instead of understood
too easily removed when the moment suggested I could
Boinayel, I rained you tears….luckily, a few of them
were good

I keep expecting you to drift away from me
or clear from my mind like the weather
but we are deeply rooted
opposite tattoos, traced from matching ink
I can’t erase you
we were etched from
the very same ledger,
ashes to ashes, and dust to rib
I am indebted to you, as long as we live
you gave me my solace, in more ways
than the obvious one

you always got me, didn’t you?
even when I was determined to puzzle you
we exist today like Rubik’s cube
I still have a passion for the blues
yet you painted out a rainbow, and I’m
forever impressed by your hues
in the absence of myself,
I can smell your presence, still
a second heartbeat
against my chest most days
I spend time guessing  if I’ll
elude your rhythm
or maybe, just maybe
I am fuku…
that little bit of curse you were given
always embedded in your skin
singes noise hairs, and blots yours eyes
I beg that you forgive me, how I
covered you, like sin

I was too damn cool, for my own good
and appeared so unaffected
yet you have always had me, nervous ramblings
I still tremble when I open
my mind’s porcelain box
(where I placed you, afraid that I’d never reach you)
forever still sunrises in your distance, or perhaps
sunsets in mine, you keep trickling like
a row of lost pearls down my spine
I piece strings with awkward fingers
unlucky enough, they don’t find
their way to reset

forgetting is obsolete, since you are a
whisper each time I close my eyes
massive and directional like gravity
every new set of eyes is affected by you
will they ever match up?
can they ever compare?
the ripest peach, that I left, half-eaten
thinking, you were way too sweet

but always right….



2 comments:

  1. This piece gives a sample of how Amazing Almighty God is, because these words could not have come from the surface...that was spiritual. If words be as water...I am washed and quenched. Thanks for sharing, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but feel I am unworthy of your comments, but am very appreciative all the same...this was an instance where my soul became exposed in the words...rereading it, I'm a bit shocked...but many thanks to you for checking it out, and thanks again for your comments

    ReplyDelete