Thursday, September 30, 2010

1,579,117 Baby Steps...and Counting

Most people who actually know me, realize I like to walk. Maybe because I enjoy being alone with my thoughts.  Maybe because I love the unexpectedness of moments that you can't just run right by.  Or maybe it's simply because I have tons of practice, since I've never had a driver's license. (Don't get me started...it'll take many many posts to explain the circumstances and the anguish...so I digress)

Earlier today, I went for a walk.

I needed to clear my head, needed some time to think.  Walking is more therapeutic than marijuana residue in my opinion,but that's also another post...lol.

I found myself at the local lake, staring into one of the most beautiful scenes I had ever seen.  God is a master painter, rivaled by no one.  Rembrandt, Van Gogh, & Da Vinci simply managed to take good notes.

The majestic view reminded me of many things.

The past, while a powerful scripting tool on correcting mistakes and getting it together, is the past for a reason.  Before you can move forward, it has to be over.

The present is neverending.  We move from moment to moment in mere seconds.  If we spend too much time fretting them, they'll quickly pass us by.

And the future?  It's out there somewhere, biding its time.  Waiting.  Perhaps it's wise to think about it, only as it approaches.

Besides, today God reminded me that, whether past, present, or future, my life is in more capable hands than my own.

(Sigh...)

Much love,
Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment