Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If This Were A Scripture, You'd Find It In Genesis

So, I've completed the introdution (well sort of).  I'm very poetic as you can probably tell, so my first post naturally had to be.  But in order for this blog to become what it can/what I desire it to be, I must REALLY introduce myself.  So....29 years in 300 words or less...lol...here goes.

My name is Marcus Jamison.  Born 12/24/80, in a small town called Hamlet, I am the youngest of 7 kids.  Big family, close knit family, and all of that good stuff.  I was a bit shy growing up, smart kid, always trying to take something apart or figure out how something works.  A deep thinker, I managed to survive the adolescent angst, and high school.  Made an attempt at college, or what I'd call a wasted try.  Came back to smalltownville, a bit dejected, and threw my focus into surviving, until I could try again.  10 years later, and several instances where life reworked my path, I am still here in Hamlet, chiseling away at what I hope is my figurative Venus de Milo (even though parts of me have been lost in the process, I still consider myself a masterpiece.)

Intelligent, creative, and a lover of words since the age of 4, poet is not just a description, it is my most comfortable skin.  I write to ease my many worries.  I write as a reflection of myself.  I write because it is akin to breathing, and with each letter, I find it beautiful.  It is one of the many things about myself that I will share with you.

WARNING #1....I am very opinionated, and I say exactly what I feel, 99.873% of the time (yes, I made this number more complicated, because I liked the way it looked...so the fuck what!!).

WARNING # 2....Profanity is bad, but like most people, I have my bad side.  Therefore I may use quite a bit of it.  Apologies only to my mother, the minister.

WARNING #3.....I am clinically insane...lol...okay, I'm just kidding, but three warnings seemed better than two.  Besides, after some of my posts, you might believe this is true.  Suit yourselves.

So, there you have it.  Marcus Jamison, the 29 year old poet from little ass Hamlet, went to college, didn't finish, refuses to let it bury him.  Welcome to my world!

Much love,
Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment