Friday, November 4, 2011

My Will to Blog Restored

Hello to all of the faithful readers who've been checking out my blog since its short existence, and any new readers who've stopped by from time to time.  When I started this, I was really amped, excited about sharing a bit of myself with anyone willing to listen.  But over this short period of time, something happened.  Blogging became a chore that I didn't like completing, much like laundry or taking out the trash.  It was something I felt like I had to do, but didn't enjoy at all.

Fortunately, something within me has been renewed.


Somewhere along the way, I started giving blogging, and writing in general, the cold shoulder.  But it's embedded in me, because it is truly a part of me.  So my icy disposition has lifted, and all of my reservations have thawed.  Today marks another new beginning, and the initial steps of taking this part of me to the next level.  Why?  Because it deserves it.  If we can't give our best, why give at all?

So to those of you who are still with me, thank you.  For continued support and helping me understand that this really makes a difference.  Here's to more rare moments to come.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment