Monday, September 12, 2011

Unfortunately, Sometimes This is What We Find


Pavement

I have watched it for a while,
cold and hard,
sitting there, waiting.
Impact is expected

I wonder if it means to scare me.  Make me
think of open scars and broken
bones.  The kind where
mending
is never an option.

I reach for it gingerly, a chalk line love
that I hope past tears won’t
wash like rain.
But I know
it plans to erase me.  Make me
nothing more than
another indentation.

Your heart is an
impenetrable pavement.
It refuses to let me
through.

2 comments:

  1. MARCUS,

    Just stopped by to say hi! I love your design, concept, and works. Thanks for sharing this. Keep up the good work and thanks for following my work as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate the compliments and support. Continue reading, as I hope to take this blog to the next level in the near future.

    ReplyDelete