Thursday, January 13, 2011

Telling a Story

Vimeo offers some of the most interesting videos (also available in HD), and here is one made by Carlos Lascano. Stop motion, an animation technique to make a physically manipulated object appear to move on its own, has always been one of my favorite types of animation. The object is moved in small increments between individually photographed frames, creating the illusion of movement when the series of frames is played as a continuous sequence.


A SHORT LOVE STORY IN STOP MOTION from Carlos Lascano on Vimeo.

This love story is fabulous.  Don't you miss when it was that simple?  You remember, right?  Boxes on paper, with simple questions:  Do you like me?  Check yes or no.  There were no major plans necessary.  No fear of rejection....okay, maybe a little, because nobody wanted to be the person with all the checks next to no...lol.  But love felt easier, back then.  It was when two simple stick figures on a page meant something more, a beautiful and infinite connection.  ______ loves ______  carved on to a picnic table was a deep sign of devotion.  It exceeded all of the bullshit that ruins love now.  The selfishness, the petty arguments, the lack of communication, etc.

Personally, I want to go back.  To when it was simply about looking out, finding that person who made your heart beat faster, your eyes flutter, and your mind start picturing long kisses beneath old trees, blanketed by sunset.  Is that really too much to ask?  I think we complicate love, and relationships, by expecting too much.  So from now on, I'm going in blindly like a giggling school girl (and yes, I said school girl on purpose...lol).  I'm going in with only the expectation of love being possible and wonderful and for me.  Even if there are mistakes, I won't let them ruin my perception of love.

Because somewhere, she is out there.  The woman who will love me unconditionally.....and I'll unconditionally love her back.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment