Monday, January 3, 2011

Star Light, Star Bright: A Wish List

(This post was inspired by an amazing list that I viewed on a blog I recently started following.  From this list posted on Moet with Medusa, I decided to create my own.)



Sometimes I wish.....

  • Publishing my books, in the way I want, was as easy as riding a bike
  • They made a next generation Cosby Show
  • Hip-hop music was as inspiring as it used to be
  • I could understand women
  • Women could understand me
  • The world really came with one of those "Easy" buttons
  • I slept as much as I should
  • Being intellectual and Black wasn't looked at as strange
  • I could cook like the Neely's
  • I had finished college the first time around
  • I could have loved my son's mother better
  • Life tasted like a giant glass of Coke
  • My family members all had financial stability
  • More people knew who Corrine Bailey Rae was
  • I did the right things 'cause I really wanted to, instead of 'cause they were the right things to do
  • Everyday felt like Christmas, circa age 7
  • My deceased family and friends were still alive
  • People understood their true potential
  • Computers didn't crash so much
  • God had a cell phone number


This is the annotated version of my list.  While thinking through this I realized that, like most of us, I have an infinite number of wishes.

Here's to making all of the practical ones come true.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed his list too. More so the idea that a list was created.

    ReplyDelete