Sunday, January 9, 2011

But the Music Just Mellows My Soul

So I'm up late.  Again.  Obviously I've been doing some heavy thinking (see my last post).  I'm planning to do a little bit of writing before I call it a night.  But in the meantime, I was looking for something to change my mood a bit.  To clear out some confusing thoughts.  Luckily, I came across this.



Jay Electronica --- Jazzmatazz (Guru tribute song)

Uniqueness abounds from his lyrics like cooling rain, and I love it.  We need more artists like Jay Electronica, who are not afraid to be true to their style, even if it's mad different.  I remember when "Exhibit C" started getting a lot of radio play, and I was happy the world was finally getting full dosage of one of the most lyrically gifted rappers in the game.

Needless to say this song has me motivated.  My mind is clearer, and I'm much more ready to focus.  All that other stuff can wait.  Because for some reason I feel like the feelings that motivated me to post earlier, will eventually return.

Until then, I'll just enjoy this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment