Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Poetry Crazy Mood

Spoken word is like a lyrical intravenous cable, pumping the essence of itself into its listeners.  Whatever it is chargers forth from the performer, and spills upon the audience, leaving them forever changed.  Here are just a few examples of that flow.



Jon Sands, performing at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe
(The poem "Being Human Being"  helped refuel my passion for spoken word!!!)




Diego Mosquera, one of the illest spoken word artists I've ever seen perform. The poem, "Gun", is so powerful I think it should be mandatory viewing in public schools!!




Alexis Marie, oh so talented!!...her performance of this poem exemplifies artist and audience in perfect tune.



Brook Yung...all I can say is Google him! This poem is so cleverly written, that to me it is a prime example of 'That piece'. As in, after hearing that, I don't need to hear nothing else, because that's THAT PIECE!!

Enjoy your day.

the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment