Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rare Spotlight: Robin Mills

Welcome to the Rare Spotlight, a place to shine light on those rare gems that illuminate the world, unnoticed.  They are poets.  They are artists. They are singers.  They are musicians. They are visionaries molding beauty against the backdrops of their passions.  They are beautiful, and we should pay attention.  Welcome to the Rare Spotlight.

She is a woman of many talents, and quite frankly, you'll enjoy them all.  Artist.  Poet.  Businesswoman.  Promoter.  Motivator.  Mother. Sister. Daughter. Friend.  Cool.   It is my pleasure to introduce to you Ms. Robin Mills.  Take one look at her paintings and you'll understand the power of emotion and vision captured in brushstrokes and spread across canvas to be shared as a gift.  Listen to her talk about promoting local businesses and you'll become moved by a lover of her community, eventually willing to believe that you too can make a difference.  Hear her words flow from her pen to receiving ears, and be lifted into awe for so much talent spilling from the same veins.  A North Carolina native, Robin is constantly creating, constantly organizing, constantly uplifting, and forever inspiring.  Whether through her business, Wall Tales, which specializes in murals, creative wall designs, and original paintings, or through her projects, Breathe to Think and Visual Artists Realm, Ms. Mills is always doing whatever it takes to promote her talents and those of others.  I gratefully extend this bit of spotlight on Robin Mills.



















Questions:

1) Name/ Stage Name
I am Robin Mills, A School of Thought, Wall Tales, Breathe to Think, The Visual Artists Realm and The Exchange Vendor Market

2) Current City/Hometown
Raleigh North Carolina

3) Right now, you are (literally)
typing these words on this page answering a questionnaire that I sent you out the blue and having fun doing it.

4) When did you fall in love with art?
I was born that way. Art is natural to me.

5) Describe yourself in one paragraph
One of them plays with words while the other one writes them down. One of them hears rhythm in every sound. One marvels over paint while the other plays with a brush. One dives into a project with a lover’s lust. One is a daydreamer all of the time. One takes to the stage and shines. One can tell stories. One can hear. One can see. One knows no fear. One is a philosopher to the bone. They are all Africans far from home and all live deep in my heart and dome. They set the pace they set the tone…in my world…in my home. They represent the one you see when you look directly at me.

6) Five years ago, you were.....
Five years ago I was finding myself and defining what it is that I was put here to do. I was laying a foundation, upon which I build.

7) Five years from now, you want to be.....
In five years I expect to be successful in all aspects of being. I expect the freedom of movement.

8) Your entire day is ruined unless you can.....
It is hard to ruin an entire day. That’s 24 hours in a purely negative state. People are my greatest disappointments and have been known to steal my joy for a spell. But it never lasts. It’s my joy and I won’t let anyone or anything have it anymore,

9) If you were a color, which would you be, and why? (Lol..I had to throw in one of these type questions)
I’d be Black. Because. You can’t mix black. You can mix yellow and blue and get green.....

10) One moment in your life, when you were the proudest.I don’t know that I have ever been proud. I’ve been excited and pleased with myself and the way of things. I have been pleased about many things

11) One moment in your life, which you regret mostI could write a book. But I don’t dwell on regret. What can I do about it? If I could fix it it would not be a regret.

12) Write whatever you feel- I am a writer, visual artist, performing artist, art agent, promoter and educator.....among other things

• Owner of a business based in Raleigh NC...but servicing everywhere called “Wall Tales” specializing in creative wall design, accent walls, framed phrases, creative yarn design and original oil and acrylic paintings.

• Founder of “Breathe to Think,” an open forum from which performing artists display. Breathe to Think meets every 4th Sunday at Loco Lu’s, a local coffeehouse (specializing in coffee products, smoothies, danishes, brownies and a lot of other goodies and a Pure promoter of the Arts) located at 5210 Holly Ridge Drive in Raleigh NC. BTT consists of open mic, feature business man or woman spotlight, feature poets, musicians, comedians and vocalists.

• Founder of “Visual Artists Realm.” Commonly referred to as VAR, an open forum from which visual artists display. VAR meets every 1st Sunday at Loco Lu’s, a local coffeehouse located at 5210 Holly Ridge Drive in Raleigh NC. VAR consists of meeting and greeting 5-8 of the area’s finest emerging visual artists, feature business man or woman spotlight, feature poets, musicians, comedians and vocalists.

• The founder of The Exchange Vendors Market, an open air market designed to promote the entrepreneur spirit. The Exchange meets on a monthly schedule at 1201 Cross Link in Raleigh NC

• Poetess and Spoken Word artists and available for gigs. Purchase your copy of “A School of Thought” my debut CD

• Art instructor at Rehoboth Consulting in Garner NC. Teaches cognitive art therapy to ages 12-21

Information on the above mentioned can be obtained at the sites listed below. Contact me at breathetothink@aol.com

13) Links/websites/places where the readers can check out your work
http://breathetothink.ning.com/
http://walltalesnc.blogspot.com/


I would like to thank Ms. Mills for completing this.

You can find her on facebook here: Robin Mills

And I leave you with just a taste of Robin's amazing artistic works, just one facet of a rare individual indeed.  Enjoy.

the Rare Poet









4 comments:

  1. I love it. Thank you. Please try to come to VAR Sunday at Loco Lu's from 6-9. Some Rare people will be in the building and I will display my work as well. It's at 5210 Holly Ridge at Loco Lu's Coffee House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you loved this, because it was such a privilege for me to do this. You are, as I said, truly rare indeed, and more people should take notice. I will definitely try to get to VAR this Sunday, and if not, then in the near future. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had the privilege to stand before a beautiful light, one filled with love and the power to motivate/create change in other... You, Robin Mills are that beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete