Saturday, October 2, 2010

Quickie of the Day, Saturday Oct. 2, 2010

written on the fly...just a thought that popped into my head

Co-Write

one notebook,
turned to the first sheet of paper
you and I sit here ready
two pens...
let us scribe our like devotion
on this page
hoping one day
we can finish heart sentences, together,
new to me, I'm intrigued by your verses
write them out and I'll write out mine
so that I can read you back to me
and have you reread me, as well
telling mind, body, and soul our lettered secrets
promising, that we'll forever keep this
full, exciting, engaging
raging passion, like the best romance
even with the suspense of mystery
as we lay down the first lines of our prologue
there's no other author I see
that I want
currently editing all of my chapters,
filling my margins, and highlighting favorite parts
I hope we document this story
with our hearts, smiling, at the finished volume
written by
your name, next to mine

(the start of a lifelong series)

No comments:

Post a Comment