Sunday, April 3, 2011

National Poetry Month

I'm amazed that I haven't posted in April yet, since this is one of my favorite months of the year.  April is National Poetry Month, which means that most poets are currently sprouting forth words at rapid pace.  It is a time to come together and celebrate the power of poetry.  I am currently participating in three 30/30s  (30 poems in 30 days).  It is such a motivating time period, and perhaps only second to NaNoWriMo (which I will also be participating in this year) in output of words.  So to all you lovers of poetry, search around this month.  I am sure you will find many delightful poems that inspire and entertain.  Here's the first poem that I wrote this month:


Write Fresh

my cupboard is bare, my soul longs
to eat, got to
make it to the storehouse
on malnourished feet,
so I can feast
on line upon line,
I been starving!
it’s high time that I was fed,
I need something
sublime,
a little
food for thought, I need
vittles for my mind,
need
something that’s gonna get me
through this trying lifetime,
where far too many
sit hungry,
desolation carving emptiness
through lives
with no warning,
hope my words can be substance
‘til the broken
find their spoon,
‘cause all our souls could use a bit
of better eatin’ soon,
and so
I write fresh

 [End Poem]

National Poetry Month!!  Here is to an amazing April!

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment