Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Theme Song of the Day, Jan. 5, 2011

Yes, we often make mistakes at times, but the problem is usually the fact that we refuse to let them go. We blame ourselves for them years later. We let the fear of making the same mistake stifle us and keep us captive. We attempt to make up for them, when there's really know way to go back.

Enter this song.



The Avett Brothers - All My Mistakes


I know that I've made plenty of mistakes in my lifetime. I'm probably going to make many more. But this is the moment where I decide to not become prisoner to the mistakes I've made. I don't have to dwell on them forever. I don't have to let them ruin me. Here's to moving forward. Because all of the mistakes I've made add up to the man that I am. Even though I want him to be better, I like him, all the same.

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment