Sunday, January 2, 2011

Theme Song of the Day, Jan. 2, 2011

Lately, I feel like so many people want to "be" different things, but have no idea why they want to be them.  I don't want to fall in this category, so I've started questioning myself.  Just making sure my mind is right, before I begin to truly pursue my destination.  I remember hearing something that made a lot of sense.  You can't arrive before you're ready to leave.  I want to make sure I'm leaving the right way.

I guess I'm trying to make sure I want to "be" for the right reasons...

Had to include both the intro and full song to this one:



Common --- Be (Intro)

The lyrics in this intro are so thought provoking.  Such a perfect lead in to this song.



Common --- Be

I love that "let me be known" part in the hook....the question is, what is it that you want to be known for?

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment