Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Reminder That Everybody Has a Story

















I've been a very harsh critic of Nicki Minaj.  Some of her lyrics just irk me and make me lose any possible respect for her.  And then there are moments when I find myself nodding my head to a catchy song.  But seeing this documentary made me realize that there is such a human side to all of these celebrities that the media spotlight can't possibly reflect.  To family, friends, and those the closest to her, she is simply Onika Tanya Miraj, a young woman who in spite of all of the trials and hardships she faced growing up  has been blessed with a lot of talent and the opportunity to live out her dreams.  In anything that is human, there will be fault.  So too, for Nicki Minaj.

the Rare Poet



No comments:

Post a Comment