Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Influencers


Every work of art changes its predecessors. 
                                                          ---  Mason Cooley


And so goes influence.  The work of those who came before creates foundations for that of those who come after.  I believe this fully.  If there had been no Jimi Hendrix, there would be no Kanye West.  Some people might disagree with the comparison, but the reality is that somebody who was influenced by Jimi influenced somebody who influenced Kanye West. (Closer to the truth would probably be the fact that Jimi's music was influential to Kanye, but we'll move on)

Because this isn't about Kanye or Jimi.  It's about influence and the influencer.  What makes these remarkable people so influential?

I love this short documentary that I came across.  It helps explain the allure of trend-setting men and women.



INFLUENCERS FULL VERSION from R+I creative on Vimeo.


Salvidor Dali said "The secret of my influence has always been that it remained secret."

Which makes me wonder:  Do influencers even care about the way we watch them?

Marcus Jamison, the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment