Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Moment with Midnight

Greetings to all.

Here it is, another early a.m., and I find myself awake.  I guess some things never change.  Lately I've been doing a lot of planning in my mind.  2010 is soon to come to a close, and I have big things planned for 2011.  Earlier, while doing some writing (surprise, surprise...lol), I realized that it feels like I'm experiencing an extended period of writer's block.  The poetry, which usually just flows and flows, feels stagnant, and even a bit forced.  But I don't fret.  I simply stop writing for a while, and wait until the moment returns to me.  It's odd but it seems to mimick this point in my life.  Smiles and motivations were once so abundant, but lately I feel stuck in place, waiting for something to move me.  I picture myself, this giant batch of kindling, waiting for the one great spark.  Until that moment comes, I try to remain patient.

the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment