Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good Morning World

I spend a whole lot of time wondering.  Possibly an obsessive amount, rarely coming to any real conclusion, I often find myself wondering about this I can't change.  I wonder about love.  I wonder about hate.  I wonder about the state of the world.  I wonder about my personal world.  I wonder if I'm ever going to make it.  I wonder what "it" really is.  I wonder, I wonder, I wonder, I wonder.....ugh!!

Then, it gets serious.  I wonder if I can make amend for at least some of the mistakes I've made.  I wonder if I can do something to make my mother proud.  I wonder how many chances I'll be given, redeemed by God's saving grace, to get my act together and live accordingly.  But then the sun slowly begins to rise in a blue-grey sky, reminding me that I am fortunate enough to be blessed with another day.  And I am grateful.  The wondering ceases to matter, as I let my path chart itself out.

Not too long ago, I got the chance to talk to and smooth things over with a good friend.  I've missed the camaraderie and her poignant take on things.  I used to wonder if she and I would ever speak again, and have a chance to become closer friends.  This morning makes me feel like our wonders work out themselves.  Enjoy the new day.

the Rare Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment