Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On The Road Again

I hope the title of this post invoked scenes of a dusty highway, the eager traveler's feet kicking up debris as he makes his away across unfamiliar terrain.  I hope that you can picture either a bright beaming sun or a low hanging moon guiding random footsteps towards new horizons.  Perhaps in the background, you hear the twang of banjos perfectly accompanying Willie's voice as he croons....'on the road again...like a band of gypsies we go down the highway...we're the best of friends...insisting that the world keep turning our way and our way...'

These are the thoughts that fill my mind as I prepare for a family trip to Maryland.  I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy myself among the people that I love.  And perhaps collect a few stories to share upon my return.  Remember everyone, life is a journey.  Sometimes the best way to get the most out of it is to simply enjoy the trip.

the Rare Poet

Willie Nelson - On The Road Again .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine
"On the Road Again" --- Willie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment