Sunday, October 17, 2010

"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" Sounds Really Nice....But Means It Only Stays The Same

Greetings all.  It's early in the a.m., but not surprisingly, I am still awake.  Luckily, I am also being productive.

This is another new poem I just finished, and I am absolutely loving the message behind it.  Basically it is all about positive change.  The concept of change frightens many people, because most people don't know how or where to begin.  Yet the concept of progress is nearly universally embraced, because most people desire to do better.  The trouble with this is that all progress is change, because if you're better, then you are different from what you were before.  In order to make progress, one must change, even if only in a minimal way.  Fearing change means fearing progress.  Hopefully these words will inspire a call to action.

the Rare Poet     


Thinking of a Master Plan

I am cooking up a recipe for disaster
to my blues, unfilling meals that just
stick to my ribs
I am dishing out moments that here on after
will only serve as
music to my ears

I am working on a symphony, unfinished
but from the moment that I hear it, it'll
replenish my soul, like
here I am baby, signed, sealed,
and delivered, I sent it
I am
issuing out a promise, and I meant it

this is my master plan
my vow to display me as a
brushstroke from the Master's hand
I will never go to sleep
feeling like I gave less than best
because I once resided prime in a palace of all things divine
and until I get myself back home, my soul can't rest
this life is not a test
it is mind, body, and soul voyaging each
momentary process
that's why
I am organizing a hostile takeover
of every second that incorporates something important to me
I am moving at the pace of healed
the break's over
stagnant no more, whole is what I'm determined to be

in the hopes that
little black boys and little black girls
can see me, and be hopeful in
their black skin, and that
folks of all races can shed separation
learning the power of the word 'blend'
I am mending my fences
stretching this poem out as an extension
that I can bridge this world
through my pen
or better yet through the idea
that proper planning leads to the command
of anything, possibilities endless

I am authoring the perfect ending
to all previous chapters
and happy is a predrawn conclusion
I am scripting out intros to the
next generation's sequels
hoping my voice finds its inclusion
somewhere in the opening credits, speaking loudly,
saying
that the top is not a place to rise to, it's a
determined march in a forward progression...
and the way to get there
is to plan to be there, and keep moving towards it
never changing your direction

because the future starts
now

1 comment:

  1. Good prose. Sentiments that I too have shared along the journey, especially @ n the hopes that
    little black boys and little black girls
    can see me, and be hopeful in
    their black skin, and that
    folks of all races can shed separation
    learning the power of the word 'blend'
    I am mending my fences
    stretching this poem out as an extension
    that I can bridge this world
    through my pen
    or better yet through the idea
    that proper planning leads to the command
    of anything, possibilities endless



    The world could definitely use a bridge.

    ReplyDelete